Saturday, August 1, 2009

task one: shape of a scent

Summertime, relaxation, floral, fruity; womanly. The scent transcended charming notes of citrus and blooming clusters of wildflowers. It was apparent the scent was a womanly fragrance, with this is mind I set out to create a 'shape', using plasticine, that exhibited its feminine inflections.

I placed emphasis on a curvaceous form, making the object smooth and shapely. My three attempts were, to say the least, very monotonous. I found it quite difficult to convey the essence of the enchanting fragrance in a simple shape (and it did not work in my favour that I had not read the brief thoroughly). My final effort, did not turn out as successful as I had hoped. Perhaps it is because I had invested too much attention on sculpting a curvilinear form, and less on creating a vessel.

Nevertheless, there are a myriad of elements I would alter if I were to redo my attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment